- Empty your bladder before beginning the collection.
- Collect fecal sample free of urine or toilet water.
- Utilize any toilet accessory which may be supplied with the collection device.
- Toilet paper or tissues may be required.
- Handle with care.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from heat sources, sparks and open flames.
- Keep stabilizing liquid tube tightly closed when not in use.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Do NOT remove the yellow tube top from the tube.
- Do NOT spill the stabilizing liquid in the tube.
- Wash with water if liquid comes in contact with eyes or skin. Can cause serious eye irritation. Do NOT ingest.
- If collecting a liquid stool sample, see separately provided user instructions.
- Small items may pose a choking hazard.
- Click here to view the safety data sheet.
OMNImet•GUT | ME-200
Summary and explanation of kit
OMNImet•GUT provides the materials and instructions for collecting and stabilizing metabolites from a fecal sample.
While holding the yellow tube top, unscrew ONLY the purple cap from the kit and set aside for later use.
Handle the stabilization liquid with extra care.
Do NOT remove the yellow tube top.
Do NOT spill the stabilizing liquid in the tube.
Tube is not designed to stand upright, do NOT spill the stabilizing liquid in the tube.
Use the spatula to collect a small amount of fecal sample.
Transfer the fecal sample into the yellow tube top. Repeat until the sample fills the yellow tube top
Repeat until the sample fills the yellow tube top.
Scrape horizontally across the tube top to level the sample and remove any excess. Wipe exterior of tube and top with toilet paper or tissue as needed.
Pick up the purple cap and screw onto the yellow tube top until tightly closed.
For a minimum of 30 seconds, shake the sealed tube as hard and fast as possible in a back and forth motion. The fecal sample will be mixed with the stabilizing liquid in the tube; not all particles will dissolve.
Continue shaking if large particles remain as shown in Figure A.
Place spatula in original packaging or wrap in toilet paper and discard in garbage.
Send sample for processing following the delivery instructions supplied separately by the kit provider.
Warnings and precautions
Storage: Room temperature storage pre- and post-collection 15°C to 25°C (60°F to 78°F).
OMNImet•GUT | ME-200