- Comparative studies of disease states - discover and evaluate links between microbiome composition and various diseases
- Biomarkers for patient segmentation – identify biomarkers that are predictive of treatment outcomes
- Monitor effect of drugs on microbiome – new targets for medical intervention
- Development of probiotics, prebiotics and microbiome therapeutics
- Minimize the noise in your data analysis by obtaining reliable microbiota profiles
- Improve donor compliance with intuitive, user-friendly collection
- Minimize bias introduced by microbial growth and DNA degradation through immediate stabilization
- Eliminate the costs and risks associated with cold-chain shipping requirements
- Optimize sample handling
- Maintain nucleic acid integrity over typical ambient temperature fluctuations
- DNA Genotek also offers GenoFIND services for microbiome, a complete range of high-quality metagenomics and bioinformatic services to identify actionable microbiome insights in microbiome profiling projects across a variety of sample types
Collect and stabilize DNA for quantitative gut microbiome profile analysis
Take a ‘snapshot’ of the in vivo state right at the moment of collection. Ensure your microbiome profiles represent the phenotype of interest, not artefacts of overgrowth or degradation.
Causal relationships have been established between specific microbiome architectures and diseases such as obesity, IBD, asthma, diabetes, auto-immune diseases and more. A variety of drugs have the potential to modulate the microbiome and the microbiome has shown to be capable of modulating drug degradation and adsorption.
DNA Genotek combines OMNIgene® microbiome collection and stabilization products and GenoFIND™ end-to-end services to facilitate the study of the microbiome during pre-clinical and clinical studies. Examples of applications that can benefit from DNA Genotek’s microbiome products and services for clinical-microbiomics are:
Improving sample quality is the best way to improve data quality. Consider the cell cycle of a human (eukaryotic) cell at 24hrs, and the changes that can impact biomarkers in human tissue between collection and analysis. Now consider that the cell cycle of many microbes is on the order of 40 minutes. Without reliable sample collection and immediate stabilization to ensure accurate representation of the in vivo state, reproducibility and comparability of microbiome profiles between collection sites, or between studies would be next to impossible.
DNA Genotek’s microbiome product line provides an all-in-one system for the non-invasive self collection and immediate stabilization of microbial nucleic acids.
DNA Genotek Product Benefits
Featured Products for Clinical Microbiome
OMNIgene•GUT | OM-200
Easy self-collection and stabilization kit for gut microbiome DNA analysis.
From sample collection to results – superior support, analysis and reporting.
DNA Genotek offers GenoFIND™, a complete suite of genomics and microbiome services designed to combine our passion for customer service with industry leading sample collection and stabilization expertise. Whether you are starting a new genomics or microbiome study, translating your research into a commercial business, or expanding your research to include metagenomic analysis, DNA Genotek covers it all.
Inside DNA Genotek