- Larger 'mail to' mailing envelope (9" x 12")
- Smaller 'return' bubble envelope marked "exempt human specimen" (7" x 9")
- Blank mailing labels (2 per mailing solution)
- Donor Mailing Instructions (1 per mailing solution)
- Capped collection kit vial (with or without secondary rigid plastic container).
- A liquid-tight bag with biohazard logo to hold the capped collection kit vial.
- Absorbent material in the liquid-tight bag sufficient to soak up at least 4 mL of liquid.
- An outer mailing envelope labeled with the words "Exempt Human Specimen" or "Exempt Animal Specimen"
MO-A | Outer Mailing Envelopes and Labels
For human samples
Mailing logistics for human biological samples can be complicated and costly. To facilitate this process, DNA Genotek has created a mailing solution that complies with International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations for samples not expected to be pathogenic, while also protecting the collection kit on the way to and from the donor.
Since courier services designated as "ground" may involve an air transport segment, the IATA publications are broadly applicable to both air and ground shipments. To ensure full adherence, we recommend that customers check for any variation based on their local postal service.
The following document has been developed as a guideline.
For saliva samples not expected to be pathogenic, the following packaging is recommended for shipping the collection kit vial:
Full terms and conditions for all DNA Genotek products are available here.
DNA Genotek's sample collection devices and nucleic acid stabilization chemistries are protected by issued and pending patents in numerous countries around the world.
Inside DNA Genotek