- Painless, non-invasive sample collection
- High quality nucleic acids
- Ideal for field collection as DNA and RNA samples are stable at ambient temperature for months, reducing transportation and storage cost and complexity
- Sample stabilized at time of collection
- Easy collection and transport
- Increase efficiency, minimize sample handling and reduce handling errors with a compatible format for high throughput processing
- Eliminates the need for cold chain transport
Microbiology / Infectious Disease
Genetic testing and microbial profiling start with the collection of nucleic acids.
Collect reliable and superior samples for your microbial and infectious disease research.
As microbiology research moves from traditional culture based techniques to cutting edge molecular assays, reliable nucleic acid sample stabilization becomes essential. To add weight to the results of research, the screening and collection of larger sample numbers is vital. A non-invasive sample collection method is an integral component of scaling the number of participants in research studies. Saliva is increasingly being shown to be a "window" on the microbiology of the human body.
The OMNIgene•ORAL sample collection product line provides an all-in-one system for the collection, stabilization, and transportation of microbial nucleic acids from saliva.
OMNIgene•ORAL | OM-501
The OM-501 format is for collecting DNA from saliva for infectious disease sampling. It is ideal for researchers who require a compact format for field or clinic collection and those seeking a solution that is compatible with high-throughput processing systems.
OMNIgene•ORAL products are for research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
DNA Genotek's sample collection devices and nucleic acid stabilization chemistries are protected by issued and pending patents in numerous countries around the world.
Full terms and conditions for all DNA Genotek products are available here.
Inside DNA Genotek